We offer Level 1 and Level 2 in Plumbing using a practical learning approach. Through projects and classroom learning you will have the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills required to install various plumbing products including sinks, toilets, radiators, outside taps and guttering. All classes are taught in a fun and informative manner. You will also learn vital skills in the plumbing industry such as how to bend and solder copper pipe and will learn how to use and install different pipes and fittings including speed fit, copper and brass.
Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Employment in the Construction Industries
- Introduction to Construction Work
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Handling and Storing Materials/Components
- Carrying out Plumbing Operations
- Personal Work Skills
Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Employment in the Construction Industries
- Working in the Construction Industry
- Safe use of access equipment
- Working Safely in Construction
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Performing plumbing operations
You can complete both your Level 1 and Level 2 with Oakmere. After completing Level 2 you could progress to a Level 3 which would include Gas installation. You could join the apprenticeship programme or work in a plumbing business.